Tech PrincipalFor the ustwo studio in Malmö
The ustwo Europe Studio is looking for an experienced Tech Principal for our product development and delivery.
As a Tech Principal at ustwo you will work in partnership with our Tech Director and other senior technical leaders to design and develop solutions that balance the needs of the clients with the evolution of the technical landscape. You will be required to be hands-on, producing both detailed technical work and high-level architectural designs and be a pragmatic visionary who can translate business needs into workable technology solutions, as well as contributing in shaping our engineering practise.
We will look to you to create deep, effective partnerships with our clients, to define and deliver work that creates lasting value, and have an inclusive and inspirational leadership style essential to maintaining a unique and diverse culture. As someone skilled at managing others, you are comfortable adapting your approach to the needs of each member, without compromising on deep care and achieving positive results.
ustwo works very hard to win interesting and challenging projects, and you will have a leading role on projects that make a meaningful impact to our clients, their customers, and the world. We work across the project lifecycle, from highly strategic discovery work to launching large-scale build projects and everything in between.
We are open to all types of development backgrounds – whether your experience leans more heavily towards the frontend or the backend is not as important as your overall software expertise, open-mindedness and willingness to collaborate and learn. What is a requirement is that you must have a solid grounding in solution architecture, including cloud based solutions.
- Work across the full breadth of our product and service portfolio; spanning strategic discovery and full product delivery projects; pushing the boundaries and raising the bar within Tech.
- Work with delivery coaches, design leads and other tech leaders to ensure we’re building high-quality products as well as delivering the project on time and on budget.
- Flex between working across a few projects to being immersed on one project, prioritising your time effectively.
- Make sure that the teams you work with are equipped to do their very best work and learn together.
- Inspire our technologists to uncover opportunities for them to develop their careers and use the freedom to grow within ustwo, through great role modelling, thoughtful and balanced feedback and strong management skills.
- Lead community initiatives within Tech, nurturing a thriving, self-driving community as well as being a key external voice for ustwo where applicable. This passion for technology motivates those who work with you to enjoy the journey.
- Design and deliver engaging workshops and technical solutions for our teams and clients.
- Be an active contributor to business development; helping identify and convert new opportunities and represent the company in pitches.
- Be comfortable with a degree of ambiguity and relish the idea of solving problems.
- Deputise for our Tech Director and be a human voice for your community, representing all perspectives in your decision-making.
Must have experience
- You have a minimum of 8-10 years professional development experience, with at least 3-4 of those years as a senior/lead developer.
- You have significant experience in both leading teams and managing senior stakeholders.
- You have wide experience in designing and building highly scalable and resilient web and/or mobile applications with the ability to lead with frontend, backend and infrastructure development.
- You are able to work on both large production projects and small fast alpha and beta products, with the ability to make the appropriate choice on speed, quality and scalability for different project challenges.
- You should have experience with deploying, hosting, securing, monitoring and scaling in the cloud, with experience working in at least one of the major cloud platforms (e.g. AWS, GCP, Azure).
- You have database and data modelling experience, and a solid understanding of the appropriate use cases for SQL / NoSQL datastores.
- Experience with DevOps, setting up and working with CI/CD pipelines, and infrastructure as code (e.g. Terraform, Puppet, etc.)
- Experience with API integration / testing / design / implementation.
- You understand software design patterns, how to best apply them, and are up to date on the latest front-end and back-end development frameworks.
- You are a clear and confident communicator, both written and verbally.
- You have experience working within and leading development teams in agile environments such as Scrum / Kanban.
- You are a hands on, caring, resilient, patient, results-oriented, and humble person — you get things done.
- You have a strong appetite to explore new technologies and share knowledge.
- You welcome feedback and look to improve project development and understanding.
- You are able to interface and communicate well with non-technical team members and stakeholders.
- You are able to work to deadlines and in a fast-paced environment.
- You are a team player.
- You have good humour and like to have fun!
We strongly believe in hiring for diversity, and we want to hire people who display strong potential. The key to your success and our success is hiring people who have a passion to constantly learn, share knowledge with others and display constant curiosity. We believe in the power of the introvert and extroverts and our Studio culture provides opportunities for colleagues of all persuasions to be heard, have ownership and clear opportunities to progress.
We have a very warm and welcoming culture. We are a very transparent company and work hard to distribute leadership across the studio. We are an equal opportunity employer and very much value diversity and inclusion. We believe diverse teams help us make better products and we actively hire for cultural growth. We seek people of all ages, genders, stories, cognitive capabilities and backgrounds.
Telefon: +45 24 86 46 46 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are a group of award-winning digital product studios with strong design and tech credentials, and with creativity at the heart.
It started with two childhood friends, Matt “Mills” Miller and John “Sinx” Sinclair, working together as “ustwo” back in 2004, exploring and building digital products when they were just starting to become a thing.
Right from those early days to now, we’ve been solving our clients’ business challenges with useful digital products that bring joy.
Having set out initially to work on mobile apps, the business naturally branched out into gaming and investing in new creative ventures. These new directions gave us the chance to use our skills in different creative contexts, and to help brilliant entrepreneurs launch successful businesses. We’ve achieved a lot together, including a BAFTA for Monument Valley (launched on the stage of Apple’s WWDC) and recognition at Fast Company’s Innovation by Design Awards.
ustwo’s evolution is an unusual one, and it serves us well. By pursuing such a diverse portfolio of challenges, we’ve built a comprehensive set of creative and strategic skills that shine through our client work. We apply everything we’ve learned – and continue to learn – to crafting beautiful products that deliver sustainable growth.