PaaS Integration Leader for Santander Consumer Bank
In the Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) team, we deliver Integration Services and ALM Services to our Nordic development teams, and operate the platforms needed to make these accessible and valuable to the organization. We are divided into two areas: PaaS Integrations and PaaS Platforms.
As leader of PaaS Integrations, you are responsible for the development and operation of our Nordic Common Banking API Platform. The APIs are based on the BIAN framework (see bian.org) and are an extremely business-critical platform in our new Nordic IT architecture.
You will work with the latest technologies and services within .NET and Microsoft Azure. Our services are developed in .NET Core and operated on Azure Kubernetes Service. In addition to the integration with our Core Banking systems, you are also responsible for our operational data store (which supports read operations for the APIs) located on the Azure Cosmos DB.
Your team has 25 highly motivated and professionally skilled team members distributed in Denmark, Norway, Sweden, and Poland. They work in Scrum teams as part of our SAFe setup. As a leader, you must be able to motivate and continuously develop teams and the individual team members.
To fit the role, it is important to have an agile mindset expelled through a democratic and inclusive approach to leadership. You must have the ability to co-create vision and direction as well as create an environment where people and teams grow, work together, laugh, build trust, and do things beyond what is expected. You support your teams and give them autonomy to organize, create and carry out the work themselves. You are continually improving the culture to create an inspiring environment for your teams.
Your responsibilities include
- Motivate and develop teams and team members in PaaS Integrations
- Develop and operate our integration strategy and roadmap for BIAN services and the Operational Data Store
- Develop and operate a secure and robust Banking API platform that supports all our portals
- Participate as an experienced partner in the Nordic Agile Release Trains (SAFe)
- You have a minimum of 10 years’ experience in technical implementation, preferably from the development of an API product or platform, and a minimum of 5 years’ experience as a leader
- You have practical experience working with agile development practices
- You have experience with implementation of technical integration architecture, API strategy, master data management and near-real-time data solutions
- You have experience with change management and iterative / emergent architecture
- You have a higher education within IT
- Living “Theory Y” management fully in a busy everyday life
- Solid competencies within modern software development and operations (CI/CD, DevOps/SRE) within Microsoft .NET and the Azure world
- Strong knowledge of Enterprise API strategy and technical integration architecture
- Ability to understand complex business and technical issues
- Ability to motivate stakeholders and team members
- Ability to communicate with all levels of the organization
You as a person
- You are proactive and have built-in “sense of urgency”
- You are structured and are a finisher
- You are brave and love to take responsibility
- You can think at all levels (from strategy to technical details)
- You are a team motivator and driven to deliver
- You are smart and get things done!
Telefon: +45 28 97 69 22
Santander Consumer Finance (SCF) is a leading consumer finance company present in 15 European countries. More than 15,000 professionals provide leading consumer finance products and services to 20 million customers and 130,000 point of sale partners at the close of June 2019. SCF offers a wide range of consumer finance solutions, mainly through point-of-sales, where the company has developed a unique expertise, and direct-to-consumer channels such as branches, phone centers and websites. SCF is part of Santander, one of the largest financial groups in the world.
Banco Santander (SAN SM, STD US, BNC LN) is a leading retail and commercial bank, founded in 1857 and headquartered in Spain. It has a meaningful presence in 10 core markets in Europe and the Americas, and is the largest bank in the euro zone by market capitalization. At the end of June 2019, Banco Santander had EUR 1.03 trillion in customer funds (deposits and mutual funds), 142 million customers, 13,000 branches and 200,000 employees. Banco Santander made underlying profit of EUR 4,045 million in the first half of 2019, an increase of 2% in constant euros compared to the same period last year